Since 2010, Nutris has been the leader in staffing trained legal nurse consultants for attorneys. Read on to learn more about what exactly an LNC is and how it can help you and your client too.
Legal Nurse Consultants
An LNC is a registered nurse that has existing expertise as a healthcare professional. They are then trained to consult on medical-related cases. LNC’s are typically utilized during defense medical exams in place of the attorney’s presence at the DME.
Not Just Observing
A Nutris legal nurse consultant does more than just observe a defense medical exam. In a typical case, the attorney can expect all of the following from their Nutris LNC:
- ensuring adherence to the attorney objection letter as well as the code of civil procedure
- act as an advocate for the plaintiff’s client
- bring a medical perspective to a legal situation and provide feedback based on that expertise
- provide plaintiff’s attorney with an audio recording of the exam
- provide a professional summary of the appointment
All of these things save the attorney time, money, and the potential for missing important medical information!
The Nutris Difference
Not all legal nurse consulting companies are created equal. At Nutris, not only do we train all of our LNC’s, we also have a fully staffed office that is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Our goal is to provide our clients with the highest level of service from scheduling a nurse, to attending the DME, and finally providing an expert summary of the exam.